-With report from M.S. Ner
Tagaytay is love in geographical form: the sensual curves of the hills and ridges; the sweet musky scent of foliage; and the dainty glide of the Northeastern and Southwestern upland breeze on the skin can leave one breathless – as do passion.
We are running a series of articles on three popular churches in Tagaytay frequented by pilgrims, curious travelers, and couples wanting to wed here.
Chapel on the Hill: For a Journey to bliss
One of the winning streaks of Tagaytay is its unique structures that take advantage of the idyllic backdrop.
The Chapel on the Hill is perched on a hill overlooking the magnificence of Tagaytay. The gazebo-like structure is enclosed in glass panels, giving a serene view of the valley and the sea – quite metaphoric for weddings that celebrate the depth and expanse of love.
Complimenting this uniqueness is a novel feature of the chapel, the Labyrinth, so called because of its interesting circular floor pattern.
As the inscription at the entrance of the chapel says, this sacred circle has a single path coiling towards the center, ushers a “Journey to inner peace”. Walking the labyrinth in prayer and meditation is a simulation of the pilgrims’ practice during the middle ages.
Due to its quaint appeal , the Chapel on the Hill is much sought after by couples wanting an idyllic wedding. If you are expecting big crowds for guests, the chapel may not be a right choice as it can only sit about 100 persons or less.
Fortunately for those pining for evening-held weddings, the half-light at dusk likewise throws in a melodramatic ambiance.
How to get there:
• Getting there does not have to be a labyrinth of a route. Just take the National highway from Tagaytay City going to Nasugbu, Batangas.
• When you see the entrance of the Evercrest Hotel and Resort, (right after passing Petron Station), turn left. The Chapel on the Hill is only about a kilometer to your left from Evercrest entrance.
Chapel on the Hill
Don Bosco Spiritual Center, Batulao, Nasugbu, Batangas
Contact Person: Miss Lory
Tel. No. +6327435614 (Manila)
Wedding Couple’s Notepad
Time line before the Wedding :
12 Months onward:
• Reserve and either pay the P 15,000 rental fee (inclusive of the use of sound system ) for the chapel in full or just the 50% non-refundable down payment. All reservations are on a first come, first served basis. Provide your own priest, choir and flowers.
• Submit pertinent documents to the Parish Office located at Canyon Woods: Marriage license, Baptismal and Confirmation certificates, Certificate of Attendance for the 2 sessions of Pre-Cana Seminar attended at any Parish; proof of clearance of Canonical Interview with the authorized priest; name and license number of the officiating priest; and a list of names of your Principal Sponsors
• Pay the 50% rental fee balance
What you should know:
The Chapel on the Hill has a few “house rules”:
• Throwing of rice, confetti, or petals are prohibited inside the chapel
• Punctuality is a virtue, or your ceremony will be cut short if it starts late